Into Edmunton
We arrived at Edmunton Airport where we boarded the bus bound for Cold Lake Airbase. The journey took 3 and a half hours which was rather too long for my liking; being jet-lag and all. Still, it gave me a chance to actually see cows. Live ones. Big ones. Not the ones you see on tv or in piles at the butcher shop. Real cows grazing. And there must be thousands of them. Don't ask me why. I just have a fascination for cows. Anyway, I forgot to mention that i saw her. At Edmunton Airport. Outside the Airport. She was in a pink short sleeve blouse and she was running. Towards her mother or friend. I couldn't tell. What struck me the most was the enormity of the jugs she was carrying. She seemed too engrossed with meeting her friend/mom that she was actually stumbling forward due to weight of the jugs. Unbelievable. Her bra-size must be triple F. Major melons man that girl. As she joggled forward, her boobs seem to be leading the way with the rest of her scrawny body struggling to follow behind. Goodness me. I can't imagine when she reaches granny age. I bet she can sweep the floor with those. Parmenio suddenly turned to me and exclaimed. ' Wah! The Boobs Damn Big Lar'! Classic Singaporean. Stop, stare, perhaps gestulate and point excitedly while exclaiming damn loudly with all sorts of Singlish. Now i know why foreigners (especially aussies) detest us so much. I mean if i were to say that, I would detest myself too but thats and entirely different matter all together.Ok, back to the cows. I actually watched them all the way..Heck, i even snapped a video of them titled 'Cows Grazing'! How original is that! Anyway, we stopped by halfway at a petrol kiosk for a much needed toilet break. Plus, it gave us a chance to pump up our sugar levels. I was in two minds here. To save money or to splurge. The rows and rows of creamy candy didn't help either. I swear, even the big bag of Ruffles was looking at me so piteously that i was really tempted to buy it. Buy me buy me. Still, i resisted all its devious charms and sauntered over to the fridge to get a gatorade. Ahhh..nothing like an ice-cold gatorade in the middle of Canada where all i can see is the long highway and the pretty cows. Life doesn't get better than this!
Apparently it doesn't cos when we finally reached 4 WING AIRBASE in Cold Lake, it was freezing. Lacy was so excited he was telling everyone who bothered to listen that he was smoking. Imagine that! I however gave him a reality check as we lugged our oversized suitcases and luggage bags up the flight of stairs to our wonderful dorms. And there, sat in neat piles were our dinner of spicy CHAR KWAY TEOW. I heard the rumours but i didn't actually believe it cos we flew so many thousand miles, across the Atlantic and into Canada, the land where they think rice and noodles are a luxury. I was expecting beef steaks by the kilo, loaded baked butters with all sorts of delicious pastries and ice cream by the gallon. I certainly didn't expect fried noodles that seem to be smuggled aboard Northwest Airlines courtesy of a hawker from Changi Village. The comforting thing was that it wasn't from Changi Village. THANK GOD. It was from a restaurant called Golden Lake. That name would be the highlight of the entire exercise. Trust me. Read on and you'll see. Oh, i forgot to mention. The damn kway teow actually cost $10 CAD. Almost fainted. And it wasn't even that nice although i tried my best to shove some down. In the end, I was getting rather angsty and it was getting late so i decided to save my complaining for the next day and fall asleep instead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home